Saturday, April 7, 2007

(( teen bop ))

Remember when we were in middle school and it was actually acceptable to crush on teenybopper celebrities? We collected pictures from various print sources, taped (yes, VHS baby!) TV appearances and drew hearts on bedroom posters? (sigh!)

But now that most of us are out of college, we simply can't get away with shit like that anymore. And honestly that part of lives just isn't so relevant.
Yet i'm SURE every one of us still has that someone (or ... ahem...many) that we find oddly appealing - and takes us back to those days of irrational infatuation.

So. I usually have fabulous taste in men (and women), but I definitely have a few guilty pleasures as well (some more embarassing than others).
One that I must confess to is the british eyecandy (#1 most Googled name in 2006), known as Orlando Bloom.
Besides the fact that every character he's played has been a pansy-ass pretty boy, (which of course is appealing in its own way), and he's such a fuckin' tool - I can't deny the fact that he is absolutely breathtaking. Take away the cheesy, hollywood personality and serious lack of taste in women (and film), Orlando is one damn pretty, skinny boy - and tonight when I saw the latest cover of VMan, I charged right up to the counter (shamelessly) and bought the damn thing for $4.95.

It was worth every bit of lost dignity.

And if the messy pirate hair, cheekbones, and cigarette weren't hot enough - he had on an Ann Demeulemeester necklace and shirt, a Dior Homme jacket, and a rifle pendant by Trash & Vaudeville. (he should have just gone into modeling, really.)



BTW: The saddest part is that I showed the pictures to my 17 year-old sister, who was totally not impressed.

2 comments:

lulu said...

VMan always has the best pictures of beautiful men. I remember getting its debut issue when I had a subscription to V. Its nicer than V imo.

lulu said...

PS: We have to go to Trash & Vaudville when I come back sometime. Its totally next to/on top of the best cheap Japanese food dive in St. Marks.