Tuesday, April 17, 2007

(every place I go I think of you...)

I haven't always been the biggest fan of Bjork and I've often dismissed PJ Harvey's voice for the more apparently perfect ones of Shirley Manson, Nina Persson, or Sharin from the Raveonettes.

But last night, sitting bleak in front of my computer, I accidently found the cover of "Leaving On A Jet Plane" by Bjork and PJ Harvey. When a friend first sent this song to me back in college, I automatically put it in the "I'll listen to that later...I don't even like the original" folder.
BUT my god, the vocals on this song are amazing...heart-wrenching...so striking...and yeah, who would have known? GUH.
Not only did I loop it endlessly in my playlist, I proceeded to download PJ obsessively for the next hour. On top of that, Bjork has just released a single produced by Timbaland, who (needless to even say), makes the dopest beats, f'real.

So yes. If you'd like a copy of their cover of "Leaving On A Jet Plane", I'll be more than happy to send you an mp3. ( And if you have Patti Smith's cover of "When Doves Cry"...PLEASE let me know. I'm dying for a copy of that song...)

Merci.

No comments: