Monday, April 23, 2007

reflection and maturity

My trip to Chicago was fab, and I am forever grateful for its perfect timing. I don't know if it was seeing old friends, enjoying the beautiful weather, or just the sense of freedom that made me finally realize how incredibly weak and lame I was for the past 6 months here. I'm glad I had the chance to step outside of my miserable self and gather the strength and clarity I need to get back on track.

Needless to say, I am back in NY with a new attitude and a few great songs to help me through the days. I am ready to be independent and confident once more - and I am ready to start over once again.

If I had to pinpoint the exact moment everything turned around, I would have to say it was watching the video, "The Creeps" by Camille on the dancefloor of Berlin. This ridiculously catchy song accompanied by the hottest video since "The Good Ones" by the Kills makes everything in this world right again. And if you haven't seen it yet, you must.

I will be posting some pics from the trip soon, so stay tuned...

---- edit----
It's that time again:

Current book: Paper Magazine, april issue
Current CD: various PJ Harvey albums
Current shame-inducing guilty pleasure: visiting Chinatown regularly for boba.
Current link: www.racked.com
Current color: black on black
Current fetish: urban decay 24/7 liner in zero.
Current drink: almond milk tea
Current wish list: new shoes, a haircut, and some stability in life
Current fave song: "the creeps" - Camille vs. Fredde Le Grand
Current triumph: learning to get over myself
Current bane of existence: preparing for May market and email chats w/ steevay at work
Current indulgence: eating a real breakfast daily
Current excitement: planning upcoming trips
Current mood: restless

No comments: