Today I went to the Ylli trunk show for one of my showroom's designers - and ended up meeting Susan Domelsmith, the designer for Dirty Librarian Chains jewelry. I remember admiring her work on FactoryPeople.com and on her Myspace in the past - but I never realized how amazing her jewelry is in person. Her collections have that popular 'layered chain & charms' look, but with a sort of understated and edgy aesthetic. Even her more complicated pieces still look elegant and timeless, not loud & kitchy like a lot of trendy 'underground' jewelry designers these days.
And on top of the beautiful jewelry, Susan was absolutely stunning. When she introduced herself to me, I thought she was the hired fit-model for the day. She had a friendly, sincere personality and was truly excited about her work - not in that snooty, "i know its good" manner, but more like...."i'm genuinely curious to know what you think". (And she's only 26!)
In those 15 minutes, Susan really inspired me - to just get over myself (and off my ass) and start doing something creative again. I am currently accepting applications for metal casters, patternmakers, electric-stringed songwriters and various other partners-in-crime.
Frankly, you know it's time that we grow old and do some shit...
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Umm... I think "partner in crime" has already been cast.
Post a Comment