



It is no secret that my current favorite actor is mr. Cillian Murphy - who is coincidentally also the most beautiful man alive. (giggle)
The last time this happened was early college - when my lovely Jude Law went from a respectable young talent (Wilde, Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil, Gattaca) to a Hollywood sleeze in the matter of a few mediocre films (Alfie, Closer, and Sky Captain...) and that tabloid mess w/ Sienna Miller.
Needless to say, I was heartbroken and it wasn't until I saw Batman Begins that the void Jude left was once again filled.
And from that moment on, I managed to watch almost every film this brilliant Irish actor has been a part of (28 Days Later, Disco Pigs, Breakfast On Pluto, the Wind That Shakes The Barley, etc. etc,). And life was good once again.
But recently I discovered perhaps a similar pattern happening to my baby. Cillian is nowhere near as traditionally good-looking as Jude, but his striking features, intensity, and that shy sex appeal are quickly catching on - and his next string of big-feature movies worries me greatly. Let's take a look...
1. Sunshine - directed by Danny Boyle (good), but a sci-fi flick(questionable) w/ special effects & a cheesy trailer (ugh!)
2. Watching the Detectives - directed by Paul Soter (VERY VERY bad), and starring Lucy Liu (now that I think about - potentially very bad)
3. Hippie Hippie Shake - directed by Beeban Kidron (eh), and starring Sienna Miller (disastrous)
4. The Best Time Of Our Lives - directed by John Maybury (questionable), and starring Kiera Knightley (kill me), and Sienna fucking Miller once again (wTF)
Now. First of all, Sienna Miller has the potential to ruin any good movie - esp. when paired opposite a talented actor. Second, I understand that Cillian just had a baby and has a family to feed in London, BUT I am beginning to question his recent 'career moves'. I'm not implying that he's selling out, simply that his choice in film is starting to deteriorate. It is too early to say for sure right now- for these films could turn out brilliant. But in the event that they don't - at least Cillian is still beautiful, classy, and truly loves rock n roll.*
*some of cillian's fav. music:
1. broken social scene
2. the frames
3. the books
4. kings of leon
5. sigur ros
6. miles davis
7. feist
8. john lennon & paul mccartney
9. van morrison
10. frank zappa

1 comment:
ummm. maybe sienna had to move on after jude broke her heart. ...or did she break his?
(that is all useless information that i shouldn't even know anything about btw.)
Post a Comment