Tuesday, June 26, 2007

you ready, B?

I want more than anything to believe that love is real, and that people can stay together through thick and thin. Although I haven't always had the best experiences personally, I still preach that real love exists and will come to all of us in time.
But whenever I have these thoughts, I am reminded once again that even the strongest relationshps fall apart, and that inevitably love is fickle and unfair and so very much like it is in the movies.

I must have been incredibly blilnded by the idea of Beyonce & Jay-Z and how amazing their relationship appeared to the eyes. They were so beautifully in sync and were true partners-in-crime. Which is why It makes me sad to accept that even their relationship wasn't meant to be, afterall.

I wonder about all the things they promised one another in "Bonnie & Clyde" and how suddenly those once truthful sentiments have now become disappointment as heard in Jay-Z's "Lost Ones" or Beyonce's "Resentment".
So after all the flossin', ridin', and upgradin'...their "we" is now "him and her", and it breaks my heart.

Here are some painfully honest lyrics from their respective songs - words written undeniably for one another, in hopes of making sense of the matter. They ring true that even the most 'ideal' or seemingly perfect couples fall apart, and that we're simply unable to predict our destinies. Or...in some ways, we're never fully capable of understanding or controlling even the most passionate matters of the heart.


Jay-Z "Lost Ones"

I don’t think it’s meant to be (B…)
For she loves her work more than she does me
And honestly at 23 I would probably love my work MORE than I did she
So we ain’t we, it’s me and her
Cause what she prefers over me is work
And that’s where we differ, so I have to give her
Free time…even if it hurts
So breathe, mami, it’s deserved
You’ve been put on this Earth to be all you can be like the Reserves
And me? My time in this army is served
So I have to allow she, HER, time to serve
The time’s now for her, in time she’ll mature
And maybe we can be we again, like we were
Finally, my time’s too short to share
And I ask her now it aint fair…
So yea she lost one

--
Beyonce "Resentment"

I know she was attractive
but I was here first
been riding with you for six years
why did I deserve
to be treated this way
by you

I know you're probably thinking
what's wrong with B
I've been crying for too long
what did you do to me

I used to be so strong
but now you took my soul
I'm crying
can't stop crying
can't stop crying
you could've told me you wasn't happy
I know you didn't want to hurt me
look what you've done to me now
I gotta look at her in her eyes and see she is had half of me
how could you lie

---
So yeah, I'm so sad that Jay-Z and Beyonce are no longer partna's. Jay's rumoured to now be w/ miss rihanna - who is absolutely stunning. But looking at this hot video, it's plain to see that Jay is not the same HOV without his B.
so so sad.

1 comment:

Deb said...

how did you find out they weren't together anymore?? what are your sources?! hahaha