Wednesday, March 28, 2007

the williamsburg fit

Ok, so I found this horrifyingly great info. on freewilliamsburg and had to share with y'all.
Just when you thought Gap couldn't possibly do more harm- now my neighborhood is the name of a new style of jean.So this new tapered, low-rise skinny-cut jean symbolizes the overly "style-conscious" streets that I walk on...and apparently our 'anti-trend' has become the greatest commodity since "indie" hit MTV. (well, ok...at least i can laugh this one off...)

Am I offended?? Yes and no. I mean...think about it. In high-school boys were beaten up for wearing girls' jeans and eyeliner. Now androgyny is mass-produced into instant fabulousness.
My little town of rejects....awwww. Nothing annoys a former nerd more than to have those that hated you suddenly want to buy/own your cool. I guess in a way, this is a bit like revenge; except it's not really all that sweet.

(People can make fun of hipsters and the 'burg all they like...but at this moment, I feel at peace.)

Fall into the gap, amen.

No comments: